The Fishers Island Community Center hosts an annual Thanksgiving morning road race-walk, where community members of all ages compete on a one or three-mile course. The event includes a pancake breakfast served at the Island Café by Chef Brian Busse.
Turkey Trot registration fees and t-shirt sales benefit the Fishers Island Community Center’s programs and operations.
2016 TURKEY TROT RESULTS
3 Mile – Age Group Winners
- 18 & Under: Josie Strife and Walker Reid
- 30 & Under: Hannah Siebens and Zach Hoch
- 50 & Under: Fe Ahrens and Chip Pollard
- 70 & Under: Maisie Pollard and John Blondel
- Over 70: Anita Fritze
1 Mile – Age Group Winners
- 18 & Under: Caroline Toldo and Benjamin Damon
- 30 & Under: Eliza Chapman
- 50 & Under: Mimi Gary and Zeb Scoville
- 70 & Under: Diane Crary and David Hoch
- Over 70: Kathy Posey and Kenny Edwards
The 1st 3-mile runner to finish in each age group received maple syrup donated by the Cook Farm, in the family since 1847.
The 1st 1-mile runner to finish in each age group received a Community Center gift certificates.
Special Thanks to our Generous 2016 Sponsors
- Race Rock Gardening
- Mystic Isle Realty
- The Beach Plum
- Fishers Island Village Market
- Fishers Island Oyster Farm
- Fix It Spoffy
- The Pequot