The ICC is excited to welcome back Ann Miller to teach two art classes during the Summer of 2018!
Ann Miller has been teaching art, both in the U.S. and overseas since 2003. With a background in math, computer science, psychology and art, she enjoys helping students discover their unique strengths and integrate their learning across all academic disciplines. Currently, Ann is an art teacher at The Madeira School in McLean, VA, teaching photography (darkroom and digital), drawing, sculpture, and coding for the visual arts. During the summer she holds classes in Cartooning and Smartphone Photography at Fishers Island Community Center.
Cartoons & Graphic Stories Class: Ages 10 – Adult
4 Mondays in July (9, 16, 23, 30) 2 – 4 pm
- Learn to draw your favorite comic strip characters
- Begin expressing your stories or sense of humor in a graphic manner
- Expand your existing graphic storytelling skills
This workshop provides tools, techniques, idea sharing and feedback
to help you progress along your cartooning journey. Come play!
All materials provided.
Smartphone Digital Photography Class: Ages 15 – Adult
3 Mondays July (11, 18, 25) 4-6 pm
- Take better photos with your smartphone
- Edit photos: crop/rotate, brighten, increase/decrease contrast, change the color saturation, blur, shake reduction
- “Photoshop” out blemishes, unwanted backgrounds, etc.
- Manipulate photos: liquify, combine photos, cut out unwanted parts
In this workshop I will teach you all of this and give you time to practice,
share, receive feedback and become inspired.
Come play! Bring your smartphone!